ChessPuzzle.net: Improve your chess by solving chess puzzles
"Chess is 99% Tactics" - Richard Teichmann
Tactics are the most important aspect of the game for chess players of all levels, from beginner to grandmaster.
On ChessPuzzle.net you can learn, train, and improve your tactical skills based on positions that happened in real tournament games.
Select from four modes of play:Puzzle Academy Puzzle Climb Filter Practice
Learn chess tactics systematically with Puzzle Academy
- Your personalized learning solution
- Learn all important tactical motifs to improve your chess systematically
- Keeps track of your learning progress
- Personalizes your training based on your strengths and weaknesses
Improve your focus and beat the highscore with Puzzle Climb
- Don't rush!
- Solve the puzzles
- Beat the highscore
- Practice vision and calculation skills
- Get a rating to track your progress
- Puzzles are selected based on your skill level
- Enjoy beautiful chess puzzles
Configure your own training with the Filter
- Select the difficulty
- Learn a motif, for example knight forks
- Practice checkmate patterns like the smothered mate
- Explore typical tactics from your openings
- And many more options
New feature: Introducing the hint button
Many puzzles now have a hint button. Clicking the hint button reveals the main tactical motif that is required to solve the puzzle. It might tell you that you can win with a fork, or with a certain checkmate pattern, or that you can give perpetual check. Many motifs also come with a short explanation, and a link to a guide where you can read more. If you have looked at a puzzle for some time and you don't have a clue, try the hint button.